Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mixed Pepper Jelly

It's been awhile since I have blogged please forgive me. I hope to get better, just been a bit busy making fun things. Today we will start with Yums! So recently friends of ours Jon & Judi gave us a large bag of peppers that they received from friends of theirs. (Don't Judge! There is nothing wrong with re-gifting plus they put them in very capable hands.)

Back to these peppers...a good mix of jalapeno, Guindilla Verde, and hot banana. I mixed them with some good old fashioned bells and made some fantastic jelly. This may sound crazy but I can just taste this stuff on some of my home smoked brisket on a tortilla with a delicious side of my Spanish rice and refried beans. OK now I am drooling!

The basic recipe for pepper jelly ( don't forget to add your twist):
2 large green bell peppers
2 large red bell peppers
10 large jalapenos
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 pkg. SURE-JELL fruit pectin
1/2 tsp butter
5 cups sugar

For more details visit www.m.kraftrecipes.com


No comments:

Post a Comment