Sunday, October 21, 2012

FOOD......FOOD....and Marsala Food

It was strongly suggested that I have not been posting enough about the foods I have been making. While I did not take a picture Saturday night I made chicken Marsala. This is a simple easy recipe I was asked to share.

4-5 chicken boneless skinless breasts (if they are thick pound them flat
1 - 8oz. Package sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup dry cooking sherry
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
Dash paprika

Mix together all dry ingredients (flour, salt,pepper,oregano,thyme and paprika). Pat the chicken dry. Pour oil in a large pan and heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour and into heated pan until browned on both sides. Pour in wine and sherry, add mushrooms and butter. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes. * I like parmesan cheese and makes the pasta yum as well.

What I have going on in the background is a large saucepan with water in a light boil and a medium saucepan about a third full of boiling water. At the time I get the simmer going I put pasta in the large pot and then choose a veggie for the medium one. One uncooked meal in approximately 30 minutes.

**Note: do not fear if you do not have Marsala wine you can substitute a red wine you may have in the house also, if you do not have sherry use 3/4 cup wine to substitute.

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment